Dear fellow PMI Members and colleagues:
Happy holidays to all!
I’m looking forward to the positive actions that will be coming from some of our chapter’s new board members in 2018, including Kim Reed starting in January as our president. Kim has been a very active board member and we are all here to support her as president. I’ve enjoyed my term serving all of you as president. Thank you for this opportunity and honor. I look forward to our continual collaboration.
Some recent events follow:
- Intercollegiate Project Management Quiz Bowl (IPMQB): We had six teams representing four universities including Chatham University, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Marquette University, and Robert Morris University held at Chatham University’s Eden Hall Campus. Teams and individuals competed in answering project management questions correctly. Thank you to Chatham and all PMI volunteers who made this a success!
- Steve Jobs’ Lost Interview presentation was shown and narrated by Jeff Tobe on November 9th in our monthly meeting! People were excited to see this unique view of Steve Job’s journey.
- Pittsburgh PMI Johnstown Satellite joined our presentation with Jeff Tobe via video conferencing.
- Pittsburgh PMI Mid-State Satellite had a productive planning session for the 2018 events.
Watch for information on future events including the following:
- Monthly meetings the second Thursday of every month in Pittsburgh with connections to our Johnstown and Mid-State Satellites.
- Live meetings in Johnstown and Centre County.
- PMP Prep Class in Q1 of 2018.
- Professional Development day in November of 2018.
- Other seminars, Agile content, and certification training.
- Opportunities to collaborate with other project managers in a variety of PMI activities with other PMI volunteers.
Check out our Pittsburgh PMI website for upcoming events and register for future events!
Project Management Thought: Organizational Agility
Our contributions to the growth of our organizations helps not only these organizations, but also helps our careers and opportunities. In looking for ways to contribute to our organizational growth, improving organizational agility is an area that can have a significant impact. PMI’s recent Pulse of the Profession “in-depth reports” reveal the correlation between organizational growth and organizational agility. This correlation is indicated by the following quote on PMI’s website at this link. https://www.pmi.org/about/press-media/press-releases/pmi-2017-pulse-of-the-profession-in-depth-reports-organizational-agility
“75 percent of organizations with high agility report a minimum of 5 percent year-over-year revenue growth last year, compared to only 29 percent of organizations with low agility.”
The above web page guides one to additional information on how to improve organizational agility.
Please comment on our Pittsburgh PMI LinkedIn Group with your relevant experiences and thoughts.
We look forward to seeing you at our PMI events!
Please contact me with any comments or questions about our chapter.
New Chapter Members
As of December 3, 2017 the chapter has 1,737 members. Please join us in welcoming the following new chapter members since the last newsletter: Harinarayana Aithal, Derreck Almasi, Marion Amanambu, David Ambrose, Om Bhatnagar, Eric Carnahan, Mike Dean, James DeFoggia, Mathew DeMarco, Buddy Fulton, Kristen Gallup, Kristy Golebiewski, Natalie Harrison, Matthew Hershey, Thomas Kuncas, Cloyd Lilley, Sara McElhinny, Dale Merritt, Thomas Mullaney, Patrick O'Brien, Sherry Ott, Zinal Patel, Rebecca Roadman, Alena Roberts, Phyllis Rupert, Bradley Ryba, Michael Schmidt, Zahurul Syed, Charl Walker, Tim Wiley, Robert Wooley, Sarah Zwack
New Chapter Credentials
As of December 3, 2017 the chapter has 1,279 credentials in the membership (PMP®, CAPM®, PMI-RMP®, PMI-ACP®, PGMP®). Please join us in congratulating the following new chapter members that received a new credential since the last newsletter: Seema Arkalgud PMP ®, Richard Browning PMP ®, Andrew Eckman PMP ®, Kristen Gallup PMP ®, Alex Gindin PMP ®, Joyce Hulings PMI-ACP ®, Vijaya Kasireddy PMP ®, Richard King PMP ®, Yicong Lai PMP ®, Daniel Maldonado PMP ®, Chris McAndrew PMP ®, Steve Miller PMI-ACP ®, Mark Petrovich PMP ®, Kimberly Reed PMI-ACP ®, Rebecca Roadman PMP ®, Matthew Sciulli PMP ®, Tammy TurnerLocy PMP ®, Sharon Walters PMI-ACP ®, Sheila Yam PMP ®