Dear fellow PMI Members and colleagues:
Steve Jobs’ Lost Interview presentation will be shown by Jeff Tobes on November 9th in our
monthly meeting! Please note that this will be at the William Penn Omni, as a change of
location for this special event.
Our chapter’s annual meeting will immediately precede the presentation.
Check out our Pittsburgh PMI website for upcoming events and register!
Some recent events follow:
- Another great annual Professional Development Day from Pittsburgh PMI!
- Lessons Learned event on Manufacturing Projects, hosted by Eaton Corporation.
- October Monthly Chapter Meeting with a Job Fair, networking, dinner and a great World
- Café interactive session with Kim Reed.
- Johnstown Satellite Monthly Meeting with networking, dinner, presentation and World Café.
- Mid-State Satellite Monthly Meeting in Centre County with networking, dinner, and Kirk
- Saylor’s tour and presentation on Mount Nittany Health’s Corporate Services Transition in Bellefonte, PA.
- Coffee Talk at Eat’n Park, Waterworks Mall, with Diana Messich discussing public speaking, thinking on your feet.
Project Management Thought: Value at Completion
Projects aim to create value. Metrics managed throughout projects are often about cost, scope, and time. We have metrics targeting the ends of projects like cost Estimate-At-Completion (EAC) per the PMBOK® Guide
and schedule completion date. We monitor and control these metrics.
Estimated Value-At-Completion is another important metric to monitor and control. I’ll call it
“VAC”. As we work on projects and adjust the scope, the impact on value is important to
Please comment on our Pittsburgh PMI LinkedIn Group with your relevant experiences and
thoughts. https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Pittsburgh-PMI- 1028757/about
We look forward to seeing you at our PMI events!
Please contact me with any comments or questions about our chapter.
Fred Koos, PE, PMP, CSM, CSPO, PMI-ACP
President, Pittsburgh PMI
Connect with me on LinkedIn
New Chapter Members
As of November 2, 2017 the chapter has 1,743 members. Please join us in welcoming the following new chapter members since the last newsletter: Karen Ashby, Tom Boros, Leslie Butera, Marie Carroll, Dominic Cesarz, Paul Covaleski, Kim Duban, Andrew Eckman, Tim Fitzgerald, Glenn Foglio, Michael Gokey, Randolph Hutzler, Bruce Jordan, David Koenig, Mary Kurasch, Yicong Lai, Sara Larkin, Alyssa Laton, Martin Madden, Lori Malone, Chad Manuele, Chris McAndrew, Suzanne McCreary, Robert Mercer, Jenifer Morris, Kimberly Pontarelli, Juan Salguero, Dave Sarcopski, Kirk Saylor, Ben Sepe, Michael Shaffer, Thomas Tobin, Penny Toniolo, Kelly Uchneat, Ron Walczak, Heather Woodfin, Ziyu Zhou
New Chapter Credentials
As of November 2, 2017 the chapter has 1,249 credentials in the membership (PMP®, CAPM®, PMI-RMP®, PMI-ACP®, PGMP®). Please join us in congratulating the following new chapter members that received a new credential since the last newsletter: Gina Fontanesi PMI-ACP ®, Kashyap Karri PMP ®, Naveen Kumar PMI-ACP ®, Camille Reed PMI-ACP ®, Yuliya Shokina PMP ®